Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Hello Community Member,
Welcome to our employment section!! To apply for a job below, click the job title and create a login and password, this allows you to save and finish later. It is important to remember your login and password in order to access your account. Goodwill staff will contact you about your application by phone or email.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at bbush@Goodwillindy.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here .
To check the status of your application, login to your account and you will see your status by job or email Courtney Reeves at email@example.com
Browser Notice: Please use Internet Explorer 9 or newer, Mozilla's Firefox or Google Chrome to apply for positions with Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana.
Email Notice: In order to ensure delivery of any future e-mail communication regarding our opportunities, please add @agents.icims.com to your trusted senders.
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
- Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
- Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Click column header to sort
The assistant will serve as a member of the social-emotional learning team, assisting teammates with responding to high school students’ social-emotional learning needs in a “best fit” environment for teenagers with significant barriers to education. The two primary duties of the assistant are to respond to radio calls from staff members requesting assistance for students and to supervise students in classrooms or other areas of the school as needed. The employee will be responsible for carrying out the plans and duties of the teachers or others they are covering for as directed by the school leadership.
School priorities include:
High rigor, high support instruction to close academic gaps and prepare students for post-secondary opportunities
Trauma-informed social-emotional learning
Student and family empowerment through coordination with a robust Student Services team of coaches, counselors, and more.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Implement our school’s social-emotional learning model as a member of the Social-Emotional Learning team:
Implement proactive and reactive systems to influence student behavior and build social-emotional skills in alignment with school model
Respond to and influence student behavior with a focus on positive incentives, restorative strategies, and explicit teaching of new social-emotional skills
Provide consistent and fair follow through on both major and minor behaviors per school policies
Use restorative practices and social-emotional learning strategies to identify root causes of behavior alongside students, families, staff, and stakeholders
Implement a progressive series of consequences focused on teaching of skills and prevention of future behaviors
Invest students in vision for restorative practices and SEL-skill focused consequences.
Use restorative practices to de-escalate challenging situations, help those in disagreement to listen to each other, and facilitate the creation of shared agreements.
Prioritize competing, time-sensitive demands with proactive priorities while upholding commitments consistently.
Model self-regulation and maintain composure in stressful or escalated situations.
When providing coverage for another staff member, foster a structured and supportive environment that is consistent with school agreements, trauma-informed, and provides students with frequent feedback to support their learning and social-emotional development.
Build relationships with students and their webs of support. Communicate strengths and challenges frequently and use restorative approaches to resolve conflict.
Collaborate with colleagues to refer and connect students to wraparound supports including Family Empowerment Coaching for internal and community resources, Social-Emotional Learning, Special Education, and more.
Other duties as assigned.
Under direct supervision, the successful Teaching Assistant assists Lead Teachers with establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy, nurturing, and educational environment: assisting with the planning and implementation of daily classroom activities in accordance with program philosophy and guidelines; assisting with the training and mentoring of new staff; supervising children in the absence of Lead Teacher. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function below satisfactorily.
- Represent Goodwill in a positive, pleasant manner by providing excellent customer service at all times. Serve as role model and adhere to Agency guidelines. Handle requests and concerns in a friendly, fair and impartial manner. Support the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy, nurturing, and educational classroom environment to facilitate growth and development and promote self-esteem; assist with maintaining child to adult ratio per state licensing requirements; supervise children in the absence of Lead Teacher; use developmentally appropriate practices when working with children directly.
- Assist with preparation of weekly lesson plans using Creative Curriculum; assist with implementation of plans upon approval; assist with observing and assessing children; assist with documenting observations about each child’s development; share appropriate information to ensure each child’s continuity of care.
- Assist with maintaining parent communication through parent projects, newsletters, weekly notes, daily notes, and telephone calls; assist with parent-teacher conferences as needed.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner; ensure classroom binders (attendance and child records) are current; ensure CACFP attendance records and meal counts are recorded at the point of service; maintain confidentiality of information related to children and their families, operations, financial matters and personnel issues.
- Ensure safety and security of facilities and Goodwill BridgePointe assets; effectively handle workplace incidents by obtaining appropriate medical treatment for injured children, parents and employees; report known or suspected safety and loss prevention problems promptly and according to procedure.
- Ensure all work and play areas, including toys and other objects that children use, are kept clean and free of clutter; maintain supplies, equipment, and materials in a responsible manner; ensure the order of arrangement, appearance, décor, and learning environment of the center.
- Assist with the orientation and mentoring of new employees, trainees, and volunteers.
- Administer prescription medications that are supplied by parents when parents have provided a copy of the prescription, signed a written consent and a waiver form, and have documented exact times and dosage for medication to be administered to their child; provide minor, minimally invasive procedures (i.e. catheterization, etc.) as required when parents have provided the materials, signed a written consent and a waiver form, and have documented exact or applicable times procedures should be administered.
- Attend and participate in regular child care meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Cooperatively participate in shared responsibilities; assist with backup coverage and perform other related duties as assigned, requested or required.