Hello Community Member,
Welcome to our employment section!! To apply for a job below, click the job title and create a login and password, this allows you to save and finish later. It is important to remember your login and password in order to access your account. Goodwill staff will contact you about your application by phone or email.
To check the status of your application, login to your account and you will see your status by job or email Verónica Gómez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Browser Notice: Please use Internet Explorer 9 or newer, Mozilla's Firefox or Google Chrome to apply for positions with Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana.
Email Notice: In order to ensure delivery of any future e-mail communication regarding our opportunities, please add @agents.icims.com to your trusted senders.
Click column header to sort
This is a great full time Industrial Sewer opportunity through Goodwill Commercial Services! This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, 715a-345p. We are located at 413 N. Tremont St., Indianapolis, IN 46222. Experience required.
The Industrial Sewer will work at the Tremont warehouse location performing sewing duties. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Performs all tasks involved in the production of various garments.
- Follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Performs inspections of garments to ensure quality standards are met.
- Cleans work area and stores all materials properly.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
- Sets up, tests, and adjusts machines according to product specifications.
- Cuts fabric using patterns or templates.
- Monitors machine operations to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Places spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, and inserts bobbins and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guides garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Examines completed work pieces for defects and sorts defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Maintains, cleans, and lubricates machines.
- Complies with all OSHA and company safety rules.
- Please note these job duties and standards are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other duties may be assigned.
This is a great full time janitorial team leader opportunity through Goodwill Commercial Services! This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, 630a-3p. This position is located at the Army Reserves site, located at 9702 E. 59th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46216. This is an Ability One Program contract site. You must be able to favorably pass a background check.
The team leader keeps premises of office building or other commercial or institutional building in clean and orderly condition by performing required duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrating behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
- Cleans office areas, rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies
- Dusts furniture and equipment
- Polishes metalwork
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies
- Delivers messages
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments
- Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium or hall.
- Oversee 4-7 janitors, organize team to complete daily tasks, ensure all daily assignments of team members are fulfilled, complete daily inspections of entire work area, complete inspection sheets and ensure deficiencies have been corrected, coach and train team members as needed, report maintenance problems to office staff, maintain small equipment, communicate other problems/needs to supervisor
- Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Temporary Long Term Substitute Instructor will serve as a member of the instructional team for an extended period of time such as maternity leave, unexpected vacancy, etc. of the permanent classroom teacher. During this assignment, the Long Term Substitute instructor will take over all the roles and responsibilities of the assigned classroom teaching position.
This role will develop and implement lessons based on state standards and school curriculum maps and resources, deliver differentiated instruction, and provide feedback and improve student learning for a diverse group of students.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Temporary position-ends at the end of the school year-June 14.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the response to intervention process and resources to support student learning.
- Create lesson plans and assessments in accordance with the school’s mission, vision, values, and goals, and objectives.
- Deliver lessons aligned to standards and pacing using research-based practices and high-quality resources.
- Teach using a variety of methods both independently or with a team of other grade-level content specialists designed to guide students toward mastery and understanding of how disciplines connect through authentic application of learning requiring cognitive reasoning and use of 21st-century skills
- Assess student learning both summatively and formatively.
- Utilize data from classroom assessments and standardized test results to guide instruction
- Maintain a safe classroom environment conducive to effective learning experiences for students from a wide range of socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, and academic readiness.
- Build and shape instruction around student needs
- Collaborate with Special Education, other teachers, and student services staff to ensure students are meeting learning goals.
- Actively participate in extracurricular activities such as parent night, collaborative committees, leadership cross-functional teams, weekly staff meetings, student clubs, sporting events, etc.
- Communicate regularly with families regarding the progress and development of students.
- Collaborates in the classroom with fellow teachers and administration.
Each year, Goodwill’s Retail stores generate significant “Roundup” revenue, as cashiers asking customers if they would like to “round up” their purchases to the next highest dollar. This additional Retail revenue is critical, as it is used to support Goodwill’s mission and education programs. The Intern will work with Goodwill’s Retail, Foundation, and Marketing teams to develop a plan to increase the total revenue generated through the Roundup Program, by helping Retail store cashiers tell the Goodwill story more effectively. The Intern will report to Karin Molt, Regional Director. The work will take place from May through August 2019, with some flexibility on the beginning and end dates.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with the Mission, Vision and Values of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Along with other Goodwill staff, plan the work to be accomplish, and set goals
- Visit retail stores and interview high-performing cashiers to determine what strategies and approaches they find effective
- Talk to other Goodwill organizations who have successful Roundup Programs
- Based on this research, work with Goodwill’s Retail, Marketing, and Foundation teams to develop an effective plan to increase Roundup revenue
- The plan may include:
Initiate (Time Permitting)
- Begin implementation of the Plan, along with other Goodwill staff, through training cashiers at retail stores
- Developing responses to frequently asked questions and objections
- Developing any collateral materials that may be effective
The Assistant Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the various services offered by GBGS, including lawn care, window washing, light building maintenance, pest control as well as assisting in janitorial duties and supervision. Duties include supervising, directing, coordinating, and controlling the activities of workers or vendors engaged in providing services. Additional responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly manage grounds crews and janitorial staff.
- Understand and follow contractual obligations and meet customer service level agreements.
- Manage quality control program to meet customer requirements.
- Directs workers engaged in grounds maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, planting and care for flowers, trees and shrub trimming, policing of grounds, edging of walks, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse, window washing, light painting, application of pesticides (outdoors and indoors) and herbicides (as needed).
- Directs workers engaged in janitorial duties such as floor care of restrooms, hallways, corridors, stairwells and ramps.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Records all data and information as required.
- Assures routine maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Plans for and coordinates the activities of vendors and sub-contractors and ensures quality performance.
- Orders approved supplies, materials and equipment.
- Enforces safety regulations.
- Trains employees to perform assigned duties including use of equipment and simple maintenance as appropriate.
- Directly involved, under the supervision of the GBGS Manager, in the application of various pesticides, fertilizers, and algaecides.
- Performs activities of associates supervised.
Nurse-Family Partnership, a maternal and early childhood home visiting program, fosters long-term success for first-time moms, their babies, and society.Nurse-Family Partnership's maternal health program introduces vulnerable first-time parents to caring maternal and child health nurses.This program allows nurses to deliver the support first-time moms need to have a healthy pregnancy, become knowledgeable and responsible parents, and provide their babies with the best possible start in life.Nurse-Family Partnership is implemented in collaboration with the Goodwill Guides model, which uses a holistic, whole-family approach that provides the right opportunities and services for particular stages of child and family development.This position will coordinate with NFP team(s) to conduct outreach activities in designated markets to increase demand and referrals to NFP.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
This position is grant funded and will run one year from the hire date. The goal is to get more grant funding to extend the project but there are no guarantees.
- Driving to Bartholomew, Jackson, Jennings,Washington,Scott,Jefferson,Clark,Floyd,Harrison and Crawford counties.
- Establish relationships with community organizations that could refer to NFP. Maintaining contact with these organizations, including:
- Distribution of client recruitment materials
- Presentations to community groups and healthcare providers
- Visits to community partners to receive referrals
- Share information about agency resources with NFP team
- Build awareness about NFP in community.
- Establish community partners for referrals to NFP, by developing relationships and establishing MOU’s.
- Attend health fairs and other community events to promote NFP.
- Track outreach data and efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Flexible scheduling, will require working some evenings and weekends
- A valid Indiana driver’s license and auto insurance.
The Outlet Team Leader supports his/her Outlet Manager and Assistant Outlet Manager, leadership team, and staff to execute store operational objectives that support the annual operating plan. He or she makes decisions involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority setting, compliance with company policies, and all areas of the business.
This position supports and drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Hours of Operation
Outlet: 8:00am to 10:00pm Monday thru Saturday and 10:00am to 8:00pm Sunday
- Mission integration: Integrates and represents Goodwill’s Mission, Vision and Values to internal and external customers at all times.
- Outlet opening and closing duties. Includes but not limited to:
- Cash handling duties. Voids/Returns and Paid Outs
- Answer cashier codes
- Manage commodity bin rotations
- Ensure staff meet production quotas
- Price furniture, items over 20lbs and Show Case items
- Complete Safe and Bank logs accurately
- Maintain trailer DOT records
- Coordinate transportation for product drop off and pick up with retail locations
- Manages safety related actions.
- Maintains a positive relationship with internal and external customers to achieve customer services goals.
- Ensures proper staffing levels and staff management.
- Coordinate and conduct team Safety meeting
- Complete Office, Retail and Janitorial supply orders. Maintain proper supply inventory and tracking.
- Conduct LP, Safety, QC and Kaizen audits as directed
Staff Management and Development 80% time spent
- Provides coaching and training to hourly employees on daily tasks.
- Completes daily objectives.
- Manage Computer/TV, HH Waste, Forklift and Machine Operator processes.
- Involved in the hourly associate recruitment process including prescreening and interviewing candidates, as needed.
- Mission integration: Models behaviors and holds staff to standards of conduct consistent with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Personal development – 10%
- Seeks out opportunities for professional development for both self and other team members.
Financial Management and Reporting 10% time spent
- Acts as a good steward of resources available at the site including people, time, and money.
- Tracks and measures day-to-day sales, production goals, and donations.
The Store Team Leader supports his/her Store Leader and Assistant Store Leader, leadership team, and staff to execute store operational objectives that support the annual operating plan.He or she makes decisions involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority setting, compliance with company policies, and all areas of the business.
This position supports and drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs.This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Hours of Operation – Retail Stores and Outlets
Opportunities in the retail division require availability within the site’s hours of operation. Opportunities in Leadership will require flexibility with your schedule around the retail site’s hours of operation. Below are the hours of operation for our Retail Store and Outlet locations.
8:00am to 10:00pm Monday thru Saturday
10:00am to 8:00pm Sunday
Dedicates 30% of time to operations.
Completes day-to-day objectives.
Suggests efficiency improvements.
Mission integration: Integrates and represents Goodwill’s Mission, Vision and Values to internal and external customers at all times.
Dedicates 60% of time to staff management and development.
Provides coaching and training to hourly employees on daily tasks.
Involved in the hourly associate recruitment process including prescreening and interviewing candidates, as needed.
Seeks out opportunities for professional development for both self and other team members.
Dedicates 10% of time to financial management and reporting.
Acts as a good steward of resources available at the site including people, time, and money.
Tracks and measures day-to-day sales, production goals, and donations.