Welcome to our employment section!! To apply for a job below, click the job title and create a login and password, this allows you to save and finish later. It is important to remember your login and password in order to access your account. Goodwill staff will contact you about your application by phone or email.
To check the status of your application, login to your account and you will see your status by job or email Verónica Gómez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Browser Notice: Please use Internet Explorer 9 or newer, Mozilla's Firefox or Google Chrome to apply for positions with Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana.
Email Notice: In order to ensure delivery of any future e-mail communication regarding our opportunities, please add @agents.icims.com to your trusted senders.
Use this form to perform another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
Indianapolis Metropolitan High School is a free public school offering a high school education to students in grades 9-12. Indianapolis Met is a best-fit school for students experiencing circumstances that may present a barrier to education. Our school places an emphasis on ensuring students enroll in college or enter into a career that offers a living wage post-graduation.
Indianapolis Met is designed to serve students who are experiencing circumstances that may become barriers to their education. Barriers may include:
- Teen pregnancy
- Teen parenting
- Involvement in foster care
- Identified as special education
- Previous enrollments at other schools
- Involvement with criminal justice
As a Social Studies Instructor you will serve as a member of the Humanities instructional team. You will develop and implement a curriculum map for Indiana Common Core Academic Standards for Social Studies and deliver instruction through project-based learning, inquiry, reading and analysis of high-quality texts, explicit instruction in the writing process, technology, and differentiated instruction. You will work to mold the educational experiences of a diverse group of students. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
What will I do at the Indy Met?
- Demonstrate knowledge of the response to instruction process and resources to support student learning.
- Delivers lessons following a planned curriculum aligned to standards using research-based practices and high-quality resources
- Teaches using a variety of methods both independently or with a team of other grade-level content specialists designed to guide students toward mastery and understanding of how disciplines connect through authentic application of learning requiring cognitive reasoning and use of 21st century skills
- Assesses student learning both summatively and formatively using traditional as well as alternative assessment techniques
- Utilizes data from classroom assessments and standardized test results to guide instruction
- Builds and shapes instruction around student needs
- Collaborates with Special Education Department, Teachers, and Guidance staff to ensure students are effectively instructed
- Actively participates in extracurricular activities such as parent night, collaborative committees, leadership cross functional teams, weekly staff meetings, student clubs, sporting events, etc.
- Communicates regularly with families regarding the progress and development of students.
- Collaborates in the classroom with master and mentor teachers
- With assistance from the master/mentor teachers, career teachers develop expertise through creating and maintaining an Individual Growth Plan (IGP)
The Mathematics Teacher will serve as a member of the STEM instructional team. The teacher will facilitate learning for students in classes ranging from grades 9-12 using a variety of concepts and methods which include real-world simulations and applications of mathematics, inquiry, teaching with manipulatives, use of technology, project-based learning, and differentiated instruction. The candidate should have a strong knowledge of disciplinary literacy and the Common Core mathematical practices. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Display a working knowledge of the Indiana Academic Standards, Common Core State Standards for Mathematics, and 21st Century Skills and display the ability to:
- Design curriculum units for courses, including Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and Precalculus-Trigonometry.
- Deconstruct standards to create daily objectives that will drive students to standard mastery.
- Use a research-based, standards-aligned instructional resource to guide the scope and sequence of instruction.
- Support students in understanding how the subject content supports their attainment of postsecondary plans.
1635 W. Michigan St.
Email Alert Options
You can save these search settings as an email alert, meaning an email will be sent to you every time a new opening matches your criteria. If you would like to create an email alert, please fill out the form below and click the save button.