Since 1930, Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana has helped Hoosiers become more economically self-sufficient through employment, education, job training, and health services. Today, we are one of the largest Goodwills in North America, providing services to thousands of individuals and families each year.
We find that we are at our best when we work together, as One Goodwill, across the organization, delivering vital services and resources, and empowering Hoosiers to increase their independence and reach their full potential. We will continue to change lives daily through the development and execution of initiatives that enrich the lives of those we serve through education, health, and employment. Everything we accomplish will be through the lens of equity as we work towards equitable outcomes for those who are facing systemic barriers that lock them in the vicious generational cycle of poverty.
The Young Learner’s Childcare Center (YLCC) is designed to provide free, temporary, short-term childcare for the students of the Excel Center until regular childcare is located. The YLCC is available when students are studying on-site or are in class, and will serve children up to age 12.
The Young Learner’s Childcare Attendant assists in ensuring the safe and caring management of all the students entrusted to the center. The Attendant monitors students in the center, serves snacks, and facilitates learning opportunities for the students while in their care. The Attendant assists in keeping parents informed of policies and procedures at the center.
Hours of Operation: 8AM–9:30PM, Monday-Thursday, and 8AM.–5PM on Friday.
Hours will vary depending on location.
Example Duties and Activities
- Facilitates hands-on interactive learning experiences working with students directly.
- Assists in the registration process of students.
- Updates and ensures accuracy of student files.
- Maintains regular communication with parents regarding services, enrollment, scheduling or routine changes, special events for the students.
- Aids in achieving short- and long-term goals for the center.
- Contributes ideas for the development and facilitates the execution of the curriculum and program activities.
- Participates in regular team meetings.
- Communication Skills - Articulates thoughts and expresses ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to comprehend customers' needs. Delivers information in person, in writing, and in a digital world.
- Customer Focus - Has the ability to see, comprehend and relate with students and parents in an impartial, unbiased yet effective and balanced manner; builds and maintains customer satisfaction with the services offered by the organization; provides excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Adaptability - Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Teamwork - Works well with others and makes valued contributions to the outputs of others in order to assist the team or project to achieve the required outputs.
- Conflict Resolution - Anticipates, diffuses, and resolves disagreements, confrontations, tensions, and complaints in a practical and constructive manner in order to achieve results.
- Technical Knowledge – Has working knowledge of G Suite and MS Office.
- Degree and Credential Requirements - Continuing education in child development, early childhood education, or related field. Child/infant CPR certified or willing to obtain.
- Industry Expertise - Has worked in a childcare setting.
- Safety Awareness - Recognizes the risks in activities, applies the right measures to control and manage those risks, and ensures all safety protocols are followed.
- Hard to Very Hard Physical Work - Is able to spend time in excess of 8 hours sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Has the ability to move and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- Background Screening - The YLCC cares for some of our most vulnerable populations, children. As a result, all candidates must pass a pre-employment background check.
Benefits: Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development
- Comprehensive health plan
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Life, dental and vision insurance
- Short- and long-term disability plans
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness program
- Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
- Retirement plan with generous match or contribution into Teachers’ Retirement Fund for eligible employees.
Mission and Values: click here
Goodwill of Central and Southern Indiana is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled