Starting at $11 per hour!!!
Since 1930, Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana has helped Hoosiers become more economically self-sufficient through employment, education, job training, and health services. Today, we are one of the largest Goodwills in North America, providing services to thousands of individuals and families each year.
We change lives every day by empowering people to increase their independence and reach their potential. As employees, we thrive and work as a team living and breathing Goodwill’s values. When becoming an employee, you can expect to embrace the values of Innovation, The Value of the Individual, Learning, Employment, Self-Sufficiency, and Lasting Impact.
The Retail Associate assists the store management team in reaching the operational goals of the site by functioning in various capacities within the retail location. The titles of the various jobs the Retail Associate may be called upon to learn and work include: Cashier, Textiles or Wares Producer, Donation Door Attendant, eCommerce Producer, e-Books Producer, and Rack or Cart Runner.
Example Duties and Activities
- Rings up customer orders, maintains a balanced drawer, and follows all cash handling procedures and protocols.
- Provides general information about Goodwill programs to educate customers and answer questions. Directs all higher-level questions to the appropriate associate or manager.
- Maintains cleanliness of sales floor (purge, colorize, run racks, and merchandise).
Textiles or Wares Producer:
- Sorts product to identify quality and value (checks for holes, missing buttons, defective zippers, or stains and cleans as needed) and properly barbs, tags, and hangs textiles or wares. Groups textiles (categorizing by light to dark and solid to prints).
- Produces 100 pieces per hour adhering to Goodwill’s pricing standards and updates daily production tracking sheet.
- Occasionally uses a pallet jack and regularly uses a conveyor belt.
Donation Door Attendant:
- Accepts donations from customers and maintains a clean and clear donation door while educating customers on current Goodwill promotions, including the rewards program.
- Quickly and accurately sorts products and distributes them to appropriate areas.
- Maintains an efficient working area by ensuring the backroom is clean and organized (all boxes labeled, everything in its place, and a place for everything).
- Loads and unloads trucks as needed and regularly uses heavy equipment, including a pallet jack, double stacker, floor scrubber, and hydraulic lift.
- Develops a keen eye to identify and secure items of value for ClickGoodwill.
- Stays informed of the market value of merchandise through eBay and other Internet shopping sites to properly tag, itemize, and secure items in totes for ClickGoodwill and educates team of eCommerce high ticket items.
- Properly, efficiently and carefully palletizes, wraps, and ships totes to ClickGoodwill to meet store quota regarding totes shipped per week.
- Scans books received by the store and decides what is sent to ClickGoodwill or displayed at the store location to meet the store quota.
- Prints inventory sheets and packs, seals, and ships totes for ClickGoodwill.
- Identifies top sellers and manages a clean, organized, in-store sales-effective display.
Rack and Cart Runner:
- Checks each rack/cart to ensure quality and value.
- Properly colorizes, merchandises, and purges the sales floor.
- Maintains a clean and orderly sales floor, puts away carts, and stocks shelves.
- Runs one textile rack/wares cart per 15 minutes and updates daily production tracking sheet.