The Technical Support Analyst III provides tier II support for all issues within the purview of Information Technology (IT) at Goodwill, including Goodwill Education Initiatives (GEI) and tier II and III support for all desktop, laptop, printer and related equipment. The analyst provides support by receiving requests for service via the phone, voicemail, email, walk-up, automated alerts and other types of correspondence. This position is the primary face of IT to the other areas of the business, and therefore customer service is of the utmost priority. This position is also responsible for other recurring tasks required to support the Goodwill/GEI business, such as installation, moves, adds, changes of desktop and support of related equipment. The position provides phone and deskside support. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Provide basic networking support for site-based routers, switches and WAPs.
- Perform routine and ad hoc duties as prescribed by the infrastructure team that can include system administration activities.
- Manage project tasks as assigned by the respective project manager or or leader.
- Demonstrate initiative related to performing root cause analysis, solving chronic issues and problems, suggesting architectural enhancements and other proactive measures for improving the overall performance of our technical environment.
- Create and maintain vital processes for delivering technology services to our mission partners.
- Fulfill all of the Responsibilities as outlined in the Tier 2 Level 2 Technical Support Analyst Profile:
- Provide IT support to a very diverse user community across multiple business divisions and technologies.
- Provide first-level hardware and software support including training and remote technologies.
- Provide first-level support for Goodwill-specific applications.
- Provide first- and third-level support for PCs, laptops, POS devices, scanners and printers.
- Maintain OS images for different hardware platforms.
- Apply maintained images to new or ailing PCs.
- Respect inventory process for all PCs, monitors, and other IT equipment.
- Maintain Active Directory, Google, Unity and other access-based accounts.
- Perform initial network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Provide users with connectivity support.
- Provide educational support for infrastructure applications to individuals, teams, and staff members.
- Support meeting technologies, which includes setup, maintenance, and operation of conference room equipment not limited to projectors, screens, computers, laptop connections, audio equipment including soundboards, and video and audio conferencing equipment.
- Provide follow-up on all tickets assigned to other IT team members.
- Staff or support internal helpdesk: calls, emails, walk-ups (provide outstanding customer service).
- Accumulate and share knowledge.
- Triage, prioritize, escalate and resolve challenges to availability.
- Assist with server support or larger IT infrastructure projects.
- Some travel required throughout Central Indiana.
- Provide on-call support (on a rotating basis) which includes weekends.
- Other duties may be assigned.