The English Instructor will serve as a member of the Humanities instructional team. The teacher will develop and implement a curriculum map for the English Common Core State Standards and deliver instruction through project-based learning, inquiry, reading and analysis of high-quality texts, explicit instruction in the writing process, technology, and differentiated instruction. The English Instructor will work to mold the educational experiences of a diverse group of students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the response to instruction process and resources to support student learning.
- Delivers lessons following a planned curriculum aligned to standards using research-based practices and high-quality resources.
- Teaches using a variety of methods both independently or with a team of other grade-level content specialists designed to guide students toward mastery and understanding of how disciplines connect through authentic application of learning, requiring cognitive reasoning and use of twenty-first-century skills.
- Assesses student learning both summatively and formatively using traditional as well as alternative assessment techniques.
- Utilizes data from classroom assessments and standardized test results to guide instruction.
- Builds and shapes instruction around student needs.
- Collaborates with Special Education Department, teachers, and guidance staff to ensure students are effectively instructed.
- Actively participates in extracurricular activities such as parent night, collaborative committees, leadership cross-functional teams, weekly staff meetings, student clubs, sporting events, etc.
- Communicates regularly with families regarding the progress and development of students.
- Collaborates in the classroom with master and mentor teachers.