Keeping the customer in mind, this position requires the ability to fulfill customer orders in an accurate and timely fashion. This requires the ability to receive incoming product accurately, keep the on hand inventory accurate, prepare shipments, contact freight carriers for pickup, and ship all orders on time. Also requires the ability to communicate with customers in a professional manner and provide documentation for the receipt and shipments of all orders.
- Demonstrating behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper/customer to rectify damages and shortages.
- Prepares receiving documents and interfaces with company software to properly document incoming items.
- Performs daily stocking and put away transactions keeping the inventory accurate.
- Transactions will usually be done via scanning and/or input to the inventory system.
- Prepares outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications and customer requirements.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Operates lift truck or uses hand truck to move crates, skids, or cartons of product during all movement transactions. ·
- Must be able to work with Freight companies including UPS, FedEX, Door to Door deliveries, etc. to ship product.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties may be assigned.