This is a great part time janitorial opportunity at the Federal Courthouse through Goodwill Commercial Services! We are looking for 2 part time janitors, one for 1st and one for 2nd shift. First shift hours are Monday through Friday, from 6a-10a. Second shift hours are Monday through Friday, from 4p-8p. The Courthouse is located 46 E. Ohio St., Indianapolis, IN 46203. You must be able to favorably pass a federal background check. The Federal Courthouse is a contract site through the Ability One Program. For more information about the Ability One Program, please visit www.abilityone.gov.
The Janitor keeps premises of office building or other commercial or institutional building in clean and orderly condition by performing required duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrating behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
- Cleans office areas, rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies
- Dusts furniture and equipment
- Polishes metalwork
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies
- Delivers messages
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments
- Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium or hall.
- Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Other duties may be assigned.