The Senior Director, Manufacturing Operations is directly responsible for the performance of the operations of contract manufacturing/co-packing facilities for GCSI. Works with plant leaders, production support, quality, and engineering to develop and execute operational objectives, policies and strategies as they relate to supporting the annual operating plan and strategic direction of the organization. Creates and leads supply chain strategies to meet customer demand and meet business and mission objectives. Develops, implements, and coordinates the continuous improvement program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products, and improve manufacturing and assembling processes and efficiencies. Creates structures and plans to ensure customer service; leads in high-level customer communications and plans. Works with Marketing and Business Development Manager to develop and execute business development strategies to meet growth goals, capture new business and increase employment. Creates and maintains effective relationships with the EDAT team to optimize mission impact of Packaging and Assembly operations. Leads, manages, and directs supervisory and management staff (5-7 direct reports). Contributes as a key member of the Operations team. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Provides operations leadership by developing strategies, goals and objectives (budgetary and service) for contract manufacturing/assembly plants and manages the implementation of these objectives.
- Tracks, analyzes, and ensures successful business performance through customer service level attainment, KPI’s, and variance analysis.
- Ensures customer service levels meet or exceed expectations and works with customers in long-term planning or production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends, and design and development of new products. Develops and implements solutions.
- Suggests and debates alternative methods and procedures in solving problems and meeting changing market opportunities.
- Responsible for creation of execution of business development plans in support of Operational growth objectives.
- Plans, develops, organizes and implements systems and resources needed to fulfill service levels.
- Works with customers and supplies to create a streamlined supply chain that meets critical KPI’s.
- Manages and coordinates knowledge within the team. Understanding of issues and implications to customers.
- Reviews and analyzes annual customer satisfaction survey and ongoing customer feedback for process improvement.
- Ensures appropriate facility and manufacturing environment, which includes review/authorization of capital and equipment.
- Partners with other parts of GCSI including Mission, Marketing, Finance, Facilities Management, IT, and HR to meet strategic objectives and accomplish mission and vision.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Confers with VP to review achievements and discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Successfully achieves budgetary and service-level goals.
- Communicates departmental vision, goals and expectations in support of employee development and management.
- Directs and coordinates activities of direct reports to further attainment of goals and objectives.
- Performs informal and formal performance reviews, offering praise for good performance and providing improvement goals and corrective actions for substandard performance through coaching, counseling and individual continual feedback. Motivates staff to gain and maintain their dedication to meeting individual and departmental objectives.
- Develops and implements programs to increase the value of employment in CS; ensures the hiring of the right people, in the right job, at the right time to align with the overall mission and business objectives.