The CDP Team Lead works with works with the Logistics & Supply Chain Manager, Outlets, Stores, and Transportation vendors to plan and execute a variety of activities including: movement of inventory between donation sites/locations and storage/processing locations (e.g. Outlets and eCommerce), monitoring and balancing of supplies and inventory between/among Outlets, and supporting delivery of supplies and movement of inventory and supplies from stores. This position is the main contact for both Sites (Stores, Outlets, and eCommerce) and our Transportation System providers and support vendors. The role is heavily focused on managing critical Transportation, Logistics, and Supplies processes.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Hours of Operation:
6 a.m.- 4 p.m. Monday–Saturday
10 a.m.- 6 p.m. Sunday
Work schedule can vary within the Hours of Operation and from week to week.
- Integrates and represents Goodwill’s Mission, Vision and Values to internal and external customers at all times.
- Demonstrates strong safety performance, including compliance with all Goodwill and Site safety requirements and practices.
- Manages critical Transportation, Logistics, Supply Management, and associated Safety processes in a way that improves financial spend efficiency, improves customer satisfaction from quality of service provided, and reduces associated safety risk for internal customers.
- Conducts weekly audits for safety, inventory management, etc.
- Ensures every site has an exceptional customer service experience with the CDP team.
- Completes daily objectives as defined by Logistics & Supply Chain Manager, which can include providing assistance to the Outlet Department Leadership over the Dock area.
- Performs various tasks such as managing trailer inventory, managing trailer repairs, and maintaining trailer DOT records.
- Maintains contact with Sites and drivers throughout the day and ensures communication expectations are met.
- Regularly identifies process problems and areas for improvement, and recommends improvements/solutions.
- Maintains a positive culture of open professional communication, immediate resolution of issues, and healthy confrontation when dealing with peers, suppliers/vendors, and customers.
- Meets performance expectations as defined by Logistics & Supply Chain Manager.