The Manager, Office Administration is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency of The Excel Center. Works closely with staff and students to supervise and maintain orderly operations for the school. Additionally, is responsible for appropriate staffing, managing, and equipping of the Drop-In Center.
Essential skills include: language skills, writing skills, reasoning ability and computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet. Position requires strong focus on customer service with a can-do, professional attitude and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage, coach, mentor, and evaluate the Drop-In Center (DIC) Assistant Director and the staff.
- Ensure that the DIC is properly staffed, equipped, and maintained.
- Make certain the DIC is a safe, secure, and a healthy environment for the children that it serves.
- Oversee the necessary documentation and records are properly maintained.
- Greet visitors, provide information requested, route visitors to the appropriate party
- Answer phones, provide information about the schools or direct calls to appropriate party
- Check voicemail and respond to messages in a timely manner
- Management of departmental relationships to coordinate any needed work orders – security, housekeeping, maintenance
- Management of bus pass ordering and distribution
- Coordinate travel arrangements
- Coordinate all event planning to include vendor evaluation and selection within budgetary constraints
- Collect and distribute mail daily
- Ordering, maintaining, and inventory tracking of office equipment and supplies
- Create and maintain staff directory and center calendar
- Order business cards
- Manages on-site enrollment for new students to include iExcel, troubleshooting, and decision making in accordance with The Excel Center Model
- Assist with new student orientation
- Collaborate with Registrars to assist with workflow
- Acts as a liaison between students, enrollees, families, staff and community partners
- Works closely with Marketing Director and Admissions and Outreach Coordinator
- Ensure student information system is accurate and up to date
- Assist with student & staff scheduling where applicable
- Responsible for student reception support – hiring, mentoring, training
- Coordination of center tours for community
- Identify vendors, evaluate services and costs, narrow vendor selection and make appropriate business recommendation
- Works closely with sister school to achieve new center goals