This is a great full time groundskeeping opportunity through Goodwill Commercial Services! The grounds position is Monday through Friday from 730a-4p. Must have a valid driver's license and be able to favorably pass a driver's background check. Grounds/landscaping experience highly preferred.
This position maintains grounds of Goodwill retail stores, commercial or public property by performing the following. The position interfaces with Goodwill retail stores and other affiliated sites.
- Demonstrating behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct
- Mow/cut lawns
- Trim and edge around walks, flower beds and walls
- Prune shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches or twigs
- Rake and bag leaves and other debris
- Clean grounds and remove litter
- Plant grass and flowers
- Water lawns and shrubs
- Clean our drainage ditches and culverts
- Sharpen tools such as mower blades, weed cutters, edging tools and shears
- Light store maintenance such as washing windows and painting dressing rooms
- Flexibility in hours worked based on seasonal work load
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.