The NB-Kitting and Assembly position is a six-month job and life skills program for ex-offenders. Participants perform repetitive bench or line assembly operations to produce products four days of the week. They also participate one day per week focusing on self-discovery, career development, computer development, financial literacy, and basic math and reading skills. Participants are required to participate within the program and the opportunity of employment with this particular position. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Assembles products as instructed by production team leader or Employee Resource Development Specialist (ERDS).
- Works at different workstations as production needs require, following prescribed safety and quality requirements.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Works as a team member.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.