The Excel Center® is operated by Goodwill Education Initiatives, Inc., a not-for-profit organization formed by Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
The Excel Center we address the needs outside the classroom, provides free child care, offers free transportation assistance, and we give students the ability to balance school and work schedules. We allow students to learn at their own pace and complete their educational requirements throughout the year.
The Manager, Office Administration is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency of The Excel Center. Works closely with staff and students to supervise and maintain orderly operations for the school. Additionally, this position is responsible for appropriate staffing, managing, and equipping of the Young Learner’s Childcare Center.
Essential skills include language skills, writing skills, reasoning ability and computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet. Position requires strong focus on customer service with a can-do, professional attitude and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Manage, coach, mentor, and evaluate the Young Learner’s Childcare Center (YLCC) Manager and the staff.
- Ensure that the YLCC is properly staffed, equipped, and maintained.
- Make certain the YLCC is a safe, secure, and a healthy environment for the children that it serves.
- Oversee necessary documentation and ensure that records are properly maintained.
- Greet visitors, provide information requested, and route visitors to the appropriate party.
- Answer phones and provide information about the schools or direct calls to appropriate party.
- Check voicemail and respond to messages in a timely manner.
- Manage departmental relationships to coordinate any needed work orders in the areas of security, housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Manage bus pass ordering and distribution.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
- Coordinate all event planning to include vendor evaluation and selection within budgetary constraints.
- Collect and distribute mail daily.
- Order, maintain, and track inventory of office equipment and supplies.
- Create and maintain staff directory and center calendar.
- Order business cards.
- Manage on-site enrollment for new students to include iExcel, troubleshooting, and decision making in accordance with The Excel Center Model.
- Assist with new student orientation.
- Collaborate with registrars to assist with workflow.
- Acts as a liaison between students, enrollees, families, staff and community partners.
- Works closely with Marketing Director and Admissions and Outreach Coordinator.
- Ensure student information system is accurate and up to date.
- Assist with student and staff scheduling where applicable.
- Responsible for student reception support, including hiring, mentoring, and training.
- Coordinate center tours for community.
- Identify vendors, evaluate services and costs, narrow vendor selection and make appropriate business recommendations.
- Works closely with sister school to achieve new center goals.