Grocery Store/Retail Store - Assistant Site Supervisor
The Assistant Site Supervisor assists in supervising, directing, coordinating, and controlling activities of workers engaged in maintaining the cleanliness and stocking of the grocery store shelves by performing the following duties. The Assistant Site Supervisor should demonstrate behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct.
- Directs workers engaged in janitorial duties such as floor care of restrooms, hallways, corridors, stairwells and ramps.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Directs workers engaged in shelf stocking duties.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to specifications and standards
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains production records
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments
- Assures routine maintenance of equipment
- Manages inventory of supplies and equipment
- Suggests approved supplies, materials and equipment
- Enforces safety regulations
- Performs activities of associates supervised
- This position is a “working” assistant supervisor position, which also holds the responsibility of Quality Assurance for the shift. Directly oversees employees and carries out assistant supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees; directing work; assuring satisfactory completion of work; inspections; addressing complaints; resolving problems; and communication with the Site Supervisor.
- Other duties may be assigned.