Under direct supervision, the successful Teaching Assistant assists Lead Teachers with establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy, nurturing, and educational environment: assisting with the planning and implementation of daily classroom activities in accordance with program philosophy and guidelines; assisting with the training and mentoring of new staff; supervising children in the absence of Lead Teacher. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function below satisfactorily.
We are currently hiring for the following shift:
Monday through Friday 12:30-6pm
- Represent Goodwill in a positive, pleasant manner by providing excellent customer service at all times. Serve as role model and adhere to Agency guidelines. Handle requests and concerns in a friendly, fair and impartial manner. Support the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy, nurturing, and educational classroom environment to facilitate growth and development and promote self-esteem; assist with maintaining child to adult ratio per state licensing requirements; supervise children in the absence of Lead Teacher; use developmentally appropriate practices when working with children directly.
- Assist with preparation of weekly lesson plans using Creative Curriculum; assist with implementation of plans upon approval; assist with observing and assessing children; assist with documenting observations about each child’s development; share appropriate information to ensure each child’s continuity of care.
- Assist with maintaining parent communication through parent projects, newsletters, weekly notes, daily notes, and telephone calls; assist with parent-teacher conferences as needed.
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner; ensure classroom binders (attendance and child records) are current; ensure CACFP attendance records and meal counts are recorded at the point of service; maintain confidentiality of information related to children and their families, operations, financial matters and personnel issues.
- Ensure safety and security of facilities and Goodwill BridgePointe assets; effectively handle workplace incidents by obtaining appropriate medical treatment for injured children, parents and employees; report known or suspected safety and loss prevention problems promptly and according to procedure.
- Ensure all work and play areas, including toys and other objects that children use, are kept clean and free of clutter; maintain supplies, equipment, and materials in a responsible manner; ensure the order of arrangement, appearance, décor, and learning environment of the center.
- Assist with the orientation and mentoring of new employees, trainees, and volunteers.
- Administer prescription medications that are supplied by parents when parents have provided a copy of the prescription, signed a written consent and a waiver form, and have documented exact times and dosage for medication to be administered to their child; provide minor, minimally invasive procedures (i.e. catheterization, etc.) as required when parents have provided the materials, signed a written consent and a waiver form, and have documented exact or applicable times procedures should be administered.
- Attend and participate in regular child care meetings and training sessions as scheduled.
- Cooperatively participate in shared responsibilities; assist with backup coverage and perform other related duties as assigned, requested or required.