The Business Development Manager is directly responsible for the sales and business development efforts for the Commercial Services Division. Works with leadership team, staff and customers to develop and execute sales and business development objectives, policies and strategies as they relate to supporting the annual operating plan and strategic direction of the organization. Prospects and generates leads through networking, cold calling, and other approaches as part of the sales cycle for contracted services. Works with prospective customers to identify requirements and creates customized solutions in line with Goodwill growth objectives. Analyze market trends and customer/prospect needs to create service or product offerings to meet needs. Creates sales and communication tools to convey Commercial Services value in the marketplace. Work closely with operations team to ensure successful start-ups of new business lines or products. Assist in developing pricing strategies and costs and delivering quotes to customers. Contributes as a key member of the Commercial Services management team. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
New Business/Sales 60%
- Develops strategies, action plans, and implementation approaches for CS sales and business development.
- Represents Commercial Services in industry associations, networking events, and professional activities for the purpose of generating leads.
- Prospects and targets new customers that deliver new business for CS.
- Leads and manages the sales process including targets, lead generation/development, selling and closing.
- Ensures customer service levels meet or exceeds expectations and works with customers in longer term planning or production capabilities, manufacturing problems, economic trends.
- Suggests and debates alternative strategies and tactics for meeting changing market opportunities.
- Manages and coordinates knowledge within the team. Understanding of issues and implications to customers.
- Creates, maintains, and manages business development area budget.
- Creates strategies and approaches to expand Commercial Services offerings into new locations and/or geographies.
- Provides solutions that match the customer requirements with Goodwill capabilities.
- Understands competitive threats and analysis. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identifies and develops the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
Customer Service – 25%
- Maintains high-level customer relationships to ensure ongoing customer service and seeks new business.
- Plans, develops, organizes and implements systems and resources needed to fulfill service levels.
- Reviews and analyzes customer satisfaction and on-going customer feedback for process improvement.
Reporting/Tracking – 15%
- Leads evaluation of business opportunities in accordance with ISO procedures and best practices.
- Tracks prospects and leads in Salesforce to ensure timely responses and coordinate efforts.
- Creates and utilize tracking tools for key metrics such as leads, prospect conversion, new business growth, new jobs added, etc.
- Coordinates tracking, communication and reporting on new business prospect tracking.