This is a great janitorial opportunity through Goodwill Commercial Services! The janitorial position at the Fort Harrison Commissary is an Ability One Program site. This is a 2nd/3rd shift position. As a guideline for this position, you must be able to qualify for the Ability One Program. Please follow the link for more information on the Ability One Program. https://www.abilityone.gov/
This is a Tuesday through Saturday position. Shift starts at 10p. You must be available until 3a. You must have personal, reliable transportation.
The Janitor keeps premises of office building or other commercial or institutional building in clean and orderly condition by performing required duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrating behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
- Cleans office areas, rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies
- Dusts furniture and equipment
- Polishes metalwork
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies
- Delivers messages
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments
- Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium or hall.
- Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Other duties may be assigned.