This is a great full time janitorial team lead position through Goodwill Commercial Services! The Federal Courthouse is listed right in the middle of downtown Indianapolis, 46 E. Ohio Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Hours are Monday through Friday, from 6a-230p. Must be able to effectively lead a team and keep team members on track. This is an Ability One Program contract site. For more information, please visit https://www.abilityone.gov/
As this is a government contract, you must be able to favorably pass a federal background check.
The team leader keeps premises of office building or other commercial or institutional building in clean and orderly condition by performing required duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrating behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct
- Cleans and polishes lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
- Cleans office areas, rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas
- Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor.
- Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies
- Dusts furniture and equipment
- Polishes metalwork
- Washes walls, ceiling, and woodwork
- Washes windows, door panels, and sills
- Empties wastebaskets, and empties and cleans ashtrays.
- Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
- Replenishes bathroom supplies
- Delivers messages
- Transports small equipment or tools between departments
- Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium or hall.
- Oversee 4-7 janitors, organize team to complete daily tasks, ensure all daily assignments of team members are fulfilled, complete daily inspections of entire work area, complete inspection sheets and ensure deficiencies have been corrected, coach and train team members as needed, report maintenance problems to office staff, maintain small equipment, communicate other problems/needs to supervisor
- Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Other duties may be assigned.