The Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing communications plans and activities in support of Goodwill’s mission programs and services for employees, job seekers, families and other targeted audiences. By having strong working relationships and becoming a trusted adviser, the Manager is a subject-matter expert on the organization’s mission services and their key audiences, able to anticipate needs and deliver solutions in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. The Communications Manager takes an audience-centric approach, developing communication plans and original content that meet audiences where they are, in support of organizational objectives. A talented, imaginative writer and editor, the Manager plays a critical role in storytelling – sharing compelling, effective narratives about the organization, its services, and its people. The Manager also provides communications strategy and counsel to staff and senior leadership for Goodwill mission programs and services.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Develop plans and original content for internal and external Goodwill communications and materials, including newsletters, emails, website, advertising, events and more.
- Collaborate with other Goodwill marketing team members on feature stories for earned and owned media.
- Support mission services through communications planning and implementation in order to meet defined objectives. Specific services supported by this position include:
- Nurse-Family Partnership – This evidenced-based, nationally recognized program pairs first-time pregnant women with registered nurses to improve pregnancy outcomes and help children meet critical developmental milestones; Goodwill currently serves more than 1,200 families throughout the state.
- Employment and Supportive Services – Goodwill offers employment and supportive services for individuals with disabilities, low-income seniors, individuals transitioning out of the criminal justice system and more. Supportive services are available to thousands of Goodwill employees and other program participants, helping them with educational attainment, housing, transportation, wellness and other needs.
- Pitch stories to media and respond to media inquiries to ensure coverage.
- Ability and willingness to make critical decisions that affect the organization’s business, mission and awareness objectives.
- These statements describe the general nature of the job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and duties.