This is a great full time Industrial Sewer opportunity through Goodwill Commercial Services! This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, 715a-345p. We are located at 413 N. Tremont St., Indianapolis, IN 46222. Experience required.
The Industrial Sewer will work at the Tremont warehouse location performing sewing duties. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Performs all tasks involved in the production of various garments.
- Follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
- Performs inspections of garments to ensure quality standards are met.
- Cleans work area and stores all materials properly.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential requirement of this position.
- Sets up, tests, and adjusts machines according to product specifications.
- Cuts fabric using patterns or templates.
- Monitors machine operations to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Places spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, and inserts bobbins and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guides garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Examines completed work pieces for defects and sorts defective pieces according to types of flaws.
- Maintains, cleans, and lubricates machines.
- Complies with all OSHA and company safety rules.
- Please note these job duties and standards are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Other duties may be assigned.