The Assistant Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the various services offered by GBGS, including lawn care, window washing, light building maintenance, pest control as well as assisting in janitorial duties and supervision. Duties include supervising, directing, coordinating, and controlling the activities of workers or vendors engaged in providing services. Additional responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly manage grounds crews and janitorial staff.
- Understand and follow contractual obligations and meet customer service level agreements.
- Manage quality control program to meet customer requirements.
- Directs workers engaged in grounds maintenance activities such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, planting and care for flowers, trees and shrub trimming, policing of grounds, edging of walks, raking and disposing of leaves and refuse, window washing, light painting, application of pesticides (outdoors and indoors) and herbicides (as needed).
- Directs workers engaged in janitorial duties such as floor care of restrooms, hallways, corridors, stairwells and ramps.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Records all data and information as required.
- Assures routine maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Plans for and coordinates the activities of vendors and sub-contractors and ensures quality performance.
- Orders approved supplies, materials and equipment.
- Enforces safety regulations.
- Trains employees to perform assigned duties including use of equipment and simple maintenance as appropriate.
- Directly involved, under the supervision of the GBGS Manager, in the application of various pesticides, fertilizers, and algaecides.
- Performs activities of associates supervised.