Nurse-Family Partnership, a maternal and early childhood home visiting program, fosters long-term success for first-time moms, their babies, and society. Nurse-Family Partnership's maternal health program introduces vulnerable first-time parents to caring maternal and child health nurses. This program allows nurses to deliver the support first-time moms need to have a healthy pregnancy, become knowledgeable and responsible parents, and provide their babies with the best possible start in life. Nurse-Family Partnership is implemented in collaboration with the Goodwill Guides model, which uses a holistic, whole-family approach that provides the right opportunities and services for particular stages of child and family development. This position will coordinate with NFP team(s) to conduct outreach activities in designated markets to increase demand and referrals to NFP.
This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
This position is grant funded and will run one year from the hire date. The goal is to get more grant funding to extend the project but there are no guarantees.
- Establish relationships with community organizations that could refer to NFP. Maintaining contact with these organizations, including:
- Distribution of client recruitment materials
- Presentations to community groups and healthcare providers
- Visits to community partners to receive referrals
- Share information about agency resources with NFP team
- Build awareness about NFP in community.
- Establish community partners for referrals to NFP, by developing relationships and establishing MOU’s.
- Attend health fairs and other community events to promote NFP.
- Track outreach data and efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Flexible scheduling, will require working some evenings and weekends
- A valid Indiana driver’s license and auto insurance.