The Director, Loss Prevention and Corporate Security directs all loss prevention and security functions of Goodwill, to include Retail, Commercial Services, Administration, and Education (GEI). Major responsibilities include:
- Collaboratively partnering across the organization in a consultative manner to help manage, identify, evaluate, control, and minimize exposure to all forms of loss in a way that is financially responsible and operationally sustainable.
- Collaboratively partner across the organization, and particularly with the Retail division to proactively investigate and report issues related to theft, fraud and ethics. Report the findings of these investigations to operational leadership along with recommendations in a consultative manner.
- Develops a high functioning, positive and collaborative culture within the Loss Prevention team.
- Builds and fosters positive, collaborative and consultative working relationships across the organization, and in particular with Director level personnel and up.
- Collaboratively identifies the greatest and most strategic threats for loss prevention and align resources appropriately; recalibrate as needed.
- Discovery and case generation - responsible for top down analysis of POS, cashier, employee and other data sets to identify outliers. Communicates, investigates and provides operating areas with professionally developed findings and recommendations for consideration.
- Partners with organizational leadership to develop, implement, monitor and communicate the results of a plan to combat external theft across all channels (online, in store, etc…).
- Maintains budgets for labor, travel and expense of direct reports, as well as capital and expense for new and existing sites.
- Collaborates cross functionally to support the successful and timely delivery of new and relocated sites.
- Drives training and awareness within the organization around controls, processes and procedures (e.g. employee purchase policy).
- Creates and maintains key processes around continuous learning associated with reducing the need for emergency responders and trouble alerts.
- Works, in partnership with our key stakeholders, to discover, evaluate, implement and maintain technologies that improve the effectiveness of our overall organization.
- Manages activities with corporate and divisional leadership to ensure the effective integration of loss prevention services with other existing programs.
- Shares the mission of Goodwill in the community.