This is a great groundskeeping opportunity through Goodwill Commercial Services! The Groundskeeper position at Building One is through the Ability One Program. For more information on the Ability One Program, please go to this website.
Qualifying for the program is part of the qualifications of this position. You must also be able to pass a federal background clearance. There are full and part time opportunities available. Shifts are Monday through Friday, 7a-3p for full time and 7a-1130a for part time.
The Groundskeeper maintains grounds of industrial, commercial or public property by performing the required duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrating behavior consistent with Goodwill Industries Historic Values, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct
- Cuts lawns
- Trims and edges around walks, flower beds and walls
- Prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damages leaves, branches or twigs
- Rakes and bags leaves and other debris
- Cleans grounds and removes litter
- Plants grass, flowers, trees and shrubs
- Waters lawns and shrubs
- Removes snow or ice from walks or drives
- Cleans our drainage ditches and culverts
- Sharpens tools such as weed cutters, edging tools and shears
- Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Work Environment- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
- Other duties may be assigned.