The Store Leader works with his/her Regional Director, leadership team, and staff to execute store operational objectives that support the annual operating plan. He or she makes decisions involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority-setting, creating staff schedules, team member performance appraisals, compliance with company policies, and all areas of the business.
This position supports and drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs and demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Dedicates 50% of time to operations.
- Productivity: Monitors daily operations and performance. Proactively addresses and follows up with all operational concerns.
- Inventory control: Ensures all site-specific supplies are on hand for daily business operation.
- Appearance: Establishes and maintains facility appearance and merchandising standards.
- Safety: Demonstrates strong safety program leadership.
- Customer Service: Ensures every customer has an exceptional experience.
- Sales: Monitors, identifies, and improves sales trends.
- Performance: Demonstrates a Lean Six Sigma approach to process improvement, integration, and post analytics with ultimate accountability for standard work at the site.
- Dedicates 40% of time to staff management and development.
- Manages 15-50 full-time and part-time employees.
- Provides employee training on all required processes.
- Maintains a positive culture of open professional communication, immediate resolution of issues, and healthy confrontation.
- Plans, organizes, and directs all activities of team members including recruiting staff, training and developing, maintaining accountability, motivating, monitoring productivity, communicating, and managing performance.
- Sets clear responsibilities and expectations while working closely with staff to remove any significant work barriers.
- Accountable for employee development and succession planning.
- Dedicates 10% of time to financial management and reporting.
- Reviews and reports on preliminary numbers. Advises Regional Director on significant variances and action plans.
- Proactively forecasts sales and site needs within budgets.
- Utilizes reports to identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions within retail site.