The Manager, Annual Fund (Manager) is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive annual giving program focused on unrestricted support of Goodwill’s services and programs within the Foundation, a division of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana (GSCI). The Manager will work closely with other members of the Foundation and the Goodwill Foundation Board of Directors (the Board) to develop and execute outreach, activities, and events to attain and maintain an effective annual giving program that supports GCSI’s mission. The Manager will work cooperatively in developing an annual fund program that effectively complements individual major giving, corporate giving, and foundation relations activities. In addition, this position oversees the donor database and donor stewardship and acknowledgements, and helps establish and implement data-entry policies and procedures to ensure data consistency and quality.
This position reports directly to Director, Advancement and is responsible for managing, coaching, and developing the Advancement Assistant and Database Coordinator. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Collaborate with Director, Advancement, to build a culture of philanthropy by managing the Annual Fund and associated activities. Those activities include, but not limited to, donor identification, research, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Manage Annual Fund tools including direct mail, e-solicitations, stewardship activities and solicitation events.
- Work collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other Foundation staff, and other GCSI colleagues to cultivate and solicit donors in all Annual Fund activities.
- Collaborate in a moves management program with other fundraising staff and manage a personal portfolio of donors.
- Offer prospect strategy counsel to the Director, Advancement, and the Vice President of Community Engagement and Chief Advancement Officer (VP). Be a resource for Foundation staff, including identifying potential volunteer connections to coordinating, cultivating, and solicitation activities across the gift cycle with a focus on Annual Fund activities.
- Identify and manage all donors and prospects giving in the range of $250-$9,999, for the purpose of working collaboratively with the Director, Advancement to identify and establish cultivation and solicitation plans for new Major Gift donors giving at $10,000 and above.
- Identify and manage a personal portfolio of 50 to 75 donors giving in the range of $500-$9,999, for the purpose of cultivating and soliciting increased Annual Fund giving year over year.
- Create, implement, and evaluate the organization’s annual fund campaign, including mailings, appeals, reports, and other relevant correspondence.
- Create, implement, and evaluate strategies that lead to sound donor cultivation, prospecting, segmenting, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship.
- Create and implement processes to document, in the database, conversations with all stakeholders, as well as appropriate data entry for notes and cultivation, activities and volunteers, solicitor actions, appeals, segmentation, and more.
- In collaboration with the database coordinator, research, build, and maintain database profile records.