The Outlet Manager works with his/her Director, leadership team, and staff to execute outlet operational objectives that support the annual operating plan. He or she makes decisions involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority-setting, creating staff schedules, team member performance appraisals, compliance with company policies, and all areas of the business.
This position supports and drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs; and supports and manages by embracing and demonstrating Goodwill’s five basic principles.
Operations – 40% time spent
- Productivity - Monitors daily operations and performance. Proactively addresses and follows up with all operational concerns.
- Inventory Control - Ensures all site specific supplies are on hand for daily business operation.
- Establishes and maintains facility appearance and merchandising standards.
- Safety - Demonstrates strong safety program leadership.
- Customer Service - Ensures every customer has an exceptional experience.
- Monitors, identifies, and improves sales trends.
- Demonstrates a Lean Six Sigma approach to process improvement, integration, and post analytics with ultimate accountability for standard work at the site.
- MISSION INTEGRATION – Integrates and represents Goodwill’s mission and 5 Basic Principles to internal and external customers at all times.
Staff management and Development – 35% time spent
- Provides employee training on all required process
- Maintains a positive culture of open professional communication, immediate resolution of issues, and healthy confrontation.
- Provides support, vision, and direction to leadership team.
- Responsible for orientation and retraining of all new leaders on required work, processes, procedures, and expected standards of work.
- Evaluates the abilities of outlet and warehouse leaders by establishing objectives and conducting regular performance reviews.
- Plans, organizes, and directs all activities of team members including recruiting staff, training and developing, maintaining accountability, motivating, monitoring productivity, communicating, and managing performance.
- Sets clear responsibilities and expectations while working closely with staff to remove any significant work barriers.
- Accountable for employee development and succession planning.
- MISSION INTEGRATION – Models behaviors and holds staff to standards of conduct consistent with Goodwill’s mission and 5 Basic Principles.
Financial management and reporting – 25% time spent
- Reviews and reports on preliminary numbers. Advises Regional Director on significant variances and action plans.
- Proactively forecasts sales and site needs within budgets.
- Utilizes reports to identify opportunities for improvement and implement solutions within retail site.