The Outlet Team Leader supports his/her Outlet Manager and Assistant Outlet Manager, leadership team, and staff to execute store operational objectives that support the annual operating plan. He or she makes decisions involving customers, team members, operational issues, business planning, priority setting, compliance with company policies, and all areas of the business.
This position supports and drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
Hours of Operation
Outlet: 8:00am to 10:00pm Monday thru Saturday and 10:00am to 8:00pm Sunday
- Mission integration: Integrates and represents Goodwill’s Mission, Vision and Values to internal and external customers at all times.
- Outlet opening and closing duties. Includes but not limited to:
- Cash handling duties. Voids/Returns and Paid Outs
- Answer cashier codes
- Manage commodity bin rotations
- Ensure staff meet production quotas
- Price furniture, items over 20lbs and Show Case items
- Complete Safe and Bank logs accurately
- Maintain trailer DOT records
- Coordinate transportation for product drop off and pick up with retail locations
- Manages safety related actions.
- Maintains a positive relationship with internal and external customers to achieve customer services goals.
- Ensures proper staffing levels and staff management.
- Coordinate and conduct team Safety meeting
- Complete Office, Retail and Janitorial supply orders. Maintain proper supply inventory and tracking.
- Conduct LP, Safety, QC and Kaizen audits as directed
Staff Management and Development 80% time spent
- Provides coaching and training to hourly employees on daily tasks.
- Completes daily objectives.
- Manage Computer/TV, HH Waste, Forklift and Machine Operator processes.
- Involved in the hourly associate recruitment process including prescreening and interviewing candidates, as needed.
- Mission integration: Models behaviors and holds staff to standards of conduct consistent with Goodwill’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Personal development – 10%
- Seeks out opportunities for professional development for both self and other team members.
Financial Management and Reporting 10% time spent
- Acts as a good steward of resources available at the site including people, time, and money.
- Tracks and measures day-to-day sales, production goals, and donations.