The service coordinator demonstrates behaviors consistent with Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana’s Historic Values, Basic Principles, and Standards of Conduct and adheres to Workforce and Commercial Services code of ethics. Coordinates and manages the recruiting, intake, eligibility, orientation, advising, enrollment procedures and follow-up for program participants who are in need of education and/or employment services. Coaches, mentors, and facilitates activities for training clients in order to improve employability by utilizing appropriate training methods and motivational techniques. Networks with outside resources to promote Goodwill’s programs and services. The Service Coordinator works with minimal supervision and relies upon self-direction to complete goals and objectives as established by Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Inc. and its funding partners.
- Assess clients to determine nature and degree of services and refers them to appropriate services
- Secures supplementary information such as employment, criminal history, medical records, psychological, agency referrals, eligibility documentation, or school reports
- Enters basic client demographics into client tracking system
- Creates, maintains, and reviews case management file
- Recommends indicated action to allow clients to progress through vocational programming as needed
- Refers clients to community resources and other organizations
- Reviews timesheets for completeness and appropriate signatures.
- Organizes and presents job readiness preparation either one-on-one or in small groups
- Conducts regular employment progress reports.
- Appropriates and manages supportive services for clients and executes recruitment plans for participants and host agencies
- Stays abreast of current labor market data to provide clients information on employment opportunities
- Works closely with other staff members to assess co-enrollment eligibility
- Collects and maintains required forms and documentation per contract/funding source guidelines
- Tracks, documents, and communicates program specific metrics
- Monitors accomplishment of numerical enrollment goals, participant enrollment dates, participant achievement and completes billing requirements.
- Documents client services utilizing multiple reporting systems and provides quality control of data entered into database (SPARQ)