Indianapolis Metropolitan High School is a free public school offering a high school education to students in grades 9-12. Indy Met is a best fit school for students experiencing significant barriers with an emphasis on ensuring students enroll in college or enter into a career that offers a living-wage post-graduation.
Indianapolis Met is designed to serve all students, including those who face significant barriers. Barriers may include:
As the Science Teacher you will serve as a member of the STEM instructional team. You will facilitate learning for students in classes ranging from grades 9-12 using a variety of concepts and methods which include scientific inquiry, real-world simulations and applications of scientific concepts, use of technology, project-based learning, and differentiated instruction.
You will have knowledge of the Indiana Academic Standards, Common Core State Standards for Literacy in Science, 21st Century Skills and display the ability to:
1. Design curriculum units for courses including Biology, Integrated Chemistry/Physics, and Environmental Science
2. Deconstruct standards to create daily objectives that will drive students to standard mastery
3. Use research-based, standards-aligned instructional resources to guide the scope and sequence of instruction
4. Use subject-specific instructional strategies including the use of the 5E instructional model
5. Support students in understanding how the subject content supports their attainment of post-secondary plans
To be successful in this position you would have this type of experience:
Full-time employees may participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes: