The Lead Teacher holds primary responsibility for the ongoing development, implementation, and assessment of an Excel Center’s instructional delivery. He/she will provide instructional leadership to teachers, coaches, and administrative support staff at The Excel Center. The Lead Teacher will work effectively across the organization to make certain that students are supported in a way that ensures success both academically and in alignment with post-secondary goals. Essential functions include: supervision and development of instructional staff, in depth analysis of learning outcomes, and identification of internal and external academic supports for all students.
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve education and career outcomes for all Excel Center students
- Participate in the development of overall educational strategies for the Excel Center -including but not limited to - design and implementation of curriculum and systems to assess student outcomes
- Train, orient, update instructional staff on course sequence, curricular systems, and key instructional issues
- Help teachers to develop instructional strategies and intervention plans that support growth and increase achievement among struggling students
- Observe and coach instructors daily; contribute to Director evaluation using RISE 2.0 rubric.
- Ensure access to and participation in high-quality internal and external professional development for instructional staff.
- Teach at least one core class to model instructional excellence for staff
- Work effectively across the organization to link ancillary academic services to students.
- Work in collaboration with Director and Lead Coach to execute effective course scheduling within student management system (Harmony).
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned regarding administration, planning and coordinating.