As the Manager, Office Administration you will be responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency of Indianapolis Metropolitan High School. You will work closely with staff and students to supervise and maintain orderly operations for the school. Additionally, you will be responsible for appropriate staffing, managing, and equipping the office administrative staff.
Essential skills include language skills, writing skills, reasoning ability and computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the Internet. This position requires strong focus on customer service with a can-do, professional attitude and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Ensures timely, thorough and accurate records are available for enrollment documents (including immunizations), attendance records, and student transcripts.
- Oversees a team of office staff.
- Responsible for execution of all enrollment events.
- Provides administrative and special project support for the Principal.
- Ensures transcripts are requested prior to student’s welcome conference.
- Collects student documents at pre-registration and flags for coach to collect at welcome conference.
- Flags missing documents (including transcripts) at weekly enrollment check-ins with updates on actions taken to procure documents.
- Manages change of guardianship tracking process and procedures. Educates and holds team accountable to the process to include appropriate release of information.
- Reconciles/cleans attendance records twice daily to include late arrivals, early sign-outs, documentation from parents and teacher/staff corrections.
- Identifies one-off absences (potential skipping) and sends to staff daily.
- Reconciles student transcripts at end of each term and shares any needs for missing grades or split courses with Assistant Principals and Dean of Student Services.
- Manages transcripts for external release purposes including senior post-secondary sending and alumni requests.
- Oversees internal and external communication, including regular outreach to families and community partners in coordination with marketing team.
- Serves as liaison between the Principal and all internal Goodwill departments.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and proactively, while protecting the time of school leaders to allow focus on student instruction.
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on issues and concerns related to the principal and school leaders, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting proposals, presentations, and correspondence.
- Participates as a member of the leadership team