The Manufacturing/Process Engineer is responsible for helping drive Operational Excellence in the eCommerce facility. This position will address all facets of the operation including Productivity, Cost, Safety, Quality, and the Customer experience.
This position supports and drives Goodwill’s mission to help people in central Indiana prepare for, find and keep jobs. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Works closely with the Director, eCommerce and other facility leaders to identify, prioritize and execute projects and initiatives to drive Operational Excellence.
- Defines and stabilizes key work processes.
- Identifies, leads, facilitates, and executes projects and initiatives using various Lean tools and methodologies including but not limited to Process Management, Visual Management, Standard Work, Root-Cause Problem-Solving (including methodologies like Six Sigma), Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen.
- Improves connections between the eCommerce facility and key customers and suppliers (especially within the Goodwill organization).
- Identifies and resolves key connection problems (and sources of instability) in customer-supplier connections inside the eCommerce facility from beginning of flow (product entry into facility) to exit of flow (product exit from facility).
- Designs, enhances, and conducts audits to both expose waste and sustain improvement activities.
- Optimizes facility flow (both product and information).
- Leads error-proofing initiatives.
- Manages facility projects when required.
- Ensures that the proper metrics are being tracked and managed to maximize facility performance.
- Teaches lean tools and methodologies to operators and leaders as needed to support attainment of improvement goals.
- Creates, upgrades, monitors and manages SOPs and Work Instructions (both visual and written) in accordance with controlled copy standards.
- Works with operators, Team Leaders, and Site Leaders to drive Continuous Improvement in the Facility.
- Develops and implements new job methods in accordance with lean principles.
- Conducts time studies for production standards.
- Recommends projects involving cost reduction, work simplification methods and standardization, material handling, layout and equipment justification analyses.
- Manages and utilizes systems to track Operational Excellence projects and initiatives.
- Performs labor cost analysis and time studies to determine the most efficient use of labor resources.
- Responds to technical questions and issues and troubleshoots as needed.
- Participates on Management Review Team.