The Special Education Paraprofessional will work under the direct supervision of the Principal and Lead Special Education Instructor. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Alerts the special education coordinator to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Strong passion for education
- Strong reading, writing, and math skills
- Performs clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the special education coordinator.
- Assists as directed by certified staff in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP/504/ESL team(s).