Employee will provide coverage for absent instructor or support staff as needed. The employee will be responsible for carrying out lesson plans/duties of the instructor for whom he/she is substituting for and meeting the duties of teaching as outlined in laws and policies.
When not covering for an absent staff member, employee will assist with school supervision and office tasks including data entry. Assignments may be changed by GEI staff or school principal at the last minute based on need. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the response to instruction process and resources to support student learning.
- Follows lesson plan left by instructor for whom he/she is substituting in accordance with the school’s mission, vision, values, goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior utilizing a variety of positive behavior interventions and supports and following school-wide policies.
- Maintain a classroom environment conducive to effective learning experiences for students from a wide range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, and with varying mental, social, and emotional maturity.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, materials, equipment and facilities.
- Interact with students, parents, staff, faculty, and administration effectively and professionally.
- Follow oral and written instructions and observe and assist in upholding and enforcing school, state, and federal policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings and professional development sessions as requested.
- Respect and practice confidentiality both in and out of school with regard to records, activities, and communications relating to all students, parents/guardians, and staff.
- Performs all other duties as assigned consistent with the responsibilities of an instructor or support staff member.