The purpose of the Assistant Principal is to help carry out the vision and mission set by the up Senior Director, Education Initiatives and Principal. Many of the Assistant Principal’s job responsibilities focus on instructional leadership for the teaching staff, including evaluation and professional development surrounding the RISE rubric and best practices in teaching and learning. The Assistant Principal also serves as the School Test Coordinator and helps build and monitor additional systems to achieve school priorities. This role demonstrates behaviors consistent with our Mission, Vision and Values, on behalf of Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana.
- Spend significant time in classrooms and with teachers observing, providing feedback, developing and executing individual instructional coaching, and developing and leading small and large group professional development.
- Evaluate and coach staff members using the RISE rubric and Student Learning Outcomes.
- Lead collection and monitoring of student achievement data against school goals. Lead staff members to design, implement, evaluate, and improve efforts to improve student achievement.
- Oversee curriculum mapping, classroom resource selection, and master scheduling in close partnership with GEI Curriculum Director and Principal.
- Serve as School Test Coordinator and plan for and oversee all standardized and school-wide testing.
- Develop and manage external partnerships related to course offerings and supporting student academic achievement.
- Assist Principal with communication and outreach efforts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Serve on school leadership team; participate in strategic planning for school, aide in cross-department problem-solving, and act as a role model for all staff on execution of school priorities.